driven - what Kobe Bryant has written in 2006

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-6-15 16:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
53013543627pz.jpg

[ 本帖最后由 相如 于 2009-6-15 16:43 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-15 16:43 | 显示全部楼层
One and Only--Kobe Bryant亲笔文Driven 全文译 由 ills 发表在HoopChina·湖人专区 http://bbs.hoopchina.com/lakers
写在前面的话:

如果你没有一段比较长的时间 那就还是先别看了 这篇文章 是我所看到的 唯一的 仅有的 科比亲自写的文章 也就是说 没有记者的参与 没有砖家的误读 是科比自己的声音

谨以此文献给所有陪着科比和湖人从低谷走到巅峰的筒子。

这篇文是渣科在2006年写的 为Dime杂志写的文 建议懂英语的筒子看看原文 SAT1080分的渣科的确显示了他强大的英文功力...

那个时候 我们都看到科比可以将自己绽放到什么程度,但是却看不到湖人的未来在哪里

那个时候我高二 纯小白 一句句的翻译 终于在高考完的时候打出来了

在湖人打总决赛之前 我又看到了这篇文 忍不住想要落泪 为渣科 也为我自己

有志者 事竟成 如今 渣科终于做到了后半句 也把他当年的承诺 一一实现

有志者

渴望定义了我的人生,我总是充满了渴望。而现在,我的好胜心比以往任何时候都要强烈,我的意志比以往任何时候都要坚强,求胜的信念已经让我热血沸腾。

十年,在我NBA生涯的第十年,那座山,那座我曾倾尽全力爬上的山,又赫然耸立在我面前。我了解率队重回巅峰有多难,我清楚为此我要牺牲多少,我知道说我做不到的人有很多。但是,我喜欢这个挑战,并会以此为动力。挑战鼓舞了我的意志,坚定了我的信念,它是我人生之船的北极星。

在这个赛季开始时,一个问题在我脑海中徘徊:我的信念是什么呢?从表面上来看,我总能为我的所作所为找到理由,可在灵魂深处,有一种巨大的责任感让我寝食难安。我是一个球员,一个队员,更是一个领袖……难道不是吗?回想我的新秀赛季,我意识到那些曾经熟悉的面容都离我而去了。我又成了一个孩子,一个想要快乐,想要在这个世界上扬名立万的孩子。而这个熟悉的世界,对现在的我来说竟是如此的陌生。好在篮球永远是我心灵的避难所——在意大利时,六岁的我就开始向它寻求慰藉。大洋彼岸的孩子跟我一样挚爱篮球,可我却形单影只的在万里之外的球场上孤独的练球。从某种意义上来说,我对篮球的挚爱是我生命的全部意义,而现在这种意义又被赋予了新的内涵。这些年来我所遭遇的挫折让我知晓了一个道理:战斗永无止境。所以,我开启了生命的新篇章,我推开了另一扇生命之门。门开了,挑战随之而来。

在我的生命中,我已经赢得了很多。我手指上有三枚总冠军戒指,我签过许多商业合同,也因此赚了许多钱。但是,相对于上帝赠予我在篮球方面的天赋而言,我仍然感到我做得远远不够。无论场上还是场下,我要做得实在太多。

我不知道这样想对不对,也不知道迈克尔·乔丹和魔术师他们是否也曾这样想过。在这个社会,人们认为运动员就应该赢得比赛让大家高兴,然后签一些商业合同。真是片面。我怀疑是否应该只关心比赛的胜负;我怀疑我这些年的努力和牺牲是否值得;我怀疑为了一枚戒指放弃看着自己孩子长大的机会,放弃在圣诞节和复活节与家人共享天伦的时间,究竟值不值得。而我也在怀疑,我是否应该产生这些想法。

我对胜利的渴望促使我用最大的热情最强的信念去完成我的目标。我知道我应该这样过完我的一生——我必须保持我打球的动机是单纯的。那些随着胜利而来乱人心性的东西,那些为钱或为名打球的念头——我亲眼看着它们毁了许多好球员。我的权利欲只会在球场上有所表现,我不会为场外的任何事情分心乱神。

如果说人生是一本书,那么我人生之书的上半册已经书就,现在,是写下半册的时候。我想我已经不需要上半册了:并非丢弃,而是束之高阁。我曾经所有的辉煌只是一个标尺,用来衡量后来人。在我进入联盟之后,一大群新人涌现了出来,他们都想得到“最全能球员”的称号。但我早已把这种想法抛之脑后,因为一个新的挑战已经取而代之。我一生都是一个挑战者,那些说我不会再成功的人又向我发起了挑战,看我能否再赢得一枚戒指,能否再享受一次天使之城欢庆胜利的游行。我接受这个挑战,我接受来自所有人的质疑。我会把他们关于我失败的预言当作我前进的动力。我有复兴湖人的责任。我有责任去鼓舞球迷,整个天使城的球迷。

那座山,那座我曾经征服而又再次面对的山,是那么的险峻。我又一次的站在了山脚下仰望它。有时我会感到恐惧,因为我了解登山之难,征服之艰。从山顶落到山脚再爬到山顶,这可比直接从山脚爬到山顶困难的多。但是,信念是无尽的动力,可望会改变所有的困境。我过去的经验会助我达成我的目标,我知道该做什么,虽然我的湖人还很稚嫩,我的队友还从未爬过这座山。

有时候他们的表现的确让人沮丧,而且带他们需要我很大的耐心。在我初进联盟的那几年,我的队友们对我很耐心,而且他们相信我一定能够把事情做好,所以现在,我必须把这份关爱献给这一代的湖人新人。这是我们的挑战,这是我们的山,而这些是我的兄弟。我一定会率队取得我们想要的一切,不论多难。

从小我就知道我有斗志:当我一个小时又一个小时的在球场练球,我的意大利朋友过来对我说“你小子永远也成不了NBA球员” 时,我看到它在那里;当我孤独的模仿从电视上学来的动作,继而创造能与之抗衡的新动作时,我看见它在那里……我的斗志也曾在寂静无人的地方。终于,我学会了把我的斗志与比赛联系在一起,同时把自己沉浸在其中,然后在那里寻找我的梦想。每当有人说我做不到,我就会把我所有的斗志聚集起来,然后发觉,我的斗志只为了一个理由而存在:我对胜利的信念和渴求。那些想让我灰心丧气的人是在向我心中永不熄灭的求胜之火添加更多的燃料。在很多时候,我是一个挑战者。我人生的每个阶段都带给了我新的挑战和荣耀。然而不管有多少磨难,篮球一直在那里,它从未抛弃过我。

我爱篮球,真心的爱。小的时候,每当在家或在学校有什么不顺,我就会去公园做我的白日梦。也许你也曾这样想过吧:我想象着我在为湖人效力,我赢了总冠军,我投中了致胜球,我想象着我像匕首一样突破对手防线时球迷为我欢呼。而在客场,整个球场为我沉默。事实上,在我的职业生涯中这一切我都做到了。但我早就做到过。因为在我的脑中和心中,这些场景是那么的真实。心在行先。

篮球是纯粹而又难于掌控的,这是它吸引我的原因。它的过程,需要付出的努力和它的美总是能让我振作。我仍记得十五岁那年,我很想出名,很想上电视,但那并不是我打球的动力,这也不会掩盖篮球的本质。只是像所有孩子一样,我觉得当个名人会很酷。

当我长大成人,而且真的出了名,我发现事情并不像我想的那样。不管怎么说,这也是件好事,因为这意味着我从未为“虚名”而打球。我打球是因为我爱篮球,我打球是因为对我来说篮球意味着太多太多——甚至比我知道的还多。每当我需要一个坚实的依靠,需要真心的安慰,需要一个地方去哭泣,去欢笑,去庆祝,篮球就是所有这些。正因为如此,我知道我必须努力去掌控比赛,只有这样才算是给了篮球应有的尊重。我越来越清楚地了解这就是我努力训练的原因,这就是我迫使自己一次一次挑战极限的原因。在我与我的目标之间,阻碍越多,我就越是执着。

欲念是把双刃剑,它给你力量,它给你勇气和希望。但是有时候,因为你的好胜心太过强烈,你会害怕假如你的目标不能完成那会怎样。我最大的恐惧是不能再赢得一个总冠军。恐惧是巨大的动力,我决心已定,我要率领湖人重回巅峰。那些曾为我欢呼的人在质疑我。他们说因为我没了沙克我不能取得胜利,我听够了。我唯一真正担心的事情是,有时我太过强烈的好胜心和对胜利的渴望让我年轻的队友难以承受。是我对他们的期望太高吗?我要怎么做才能让他们在每一个晚上都拥有和我一样的激情去战斗呢?

我能理解他们帮助他们,因为我也曾经处于这样一个状况。我也曾经是湖人的一个角色球员。那个时候,我知道沙克为了赢得一枚戒指承受了多大的压力,我也知道我可以帮他。所以我不断的加强我的进攻能力,在防守方面我甚至更用心,因为我知道,在沙克封锁内线时我若可以搅乱外线,这可比任何进攻都更能让对手丧失斗志。同时我也知道,过去沙克所在的球队没有终结者,在比分胶着时没有人可以接管比赛,没有人可以罚进那些关键罚球,没有人有勇气投最后一投。这些都是沙克的弱点,所以我必须站出来,让这些变成我力所能及的事。我知道在比赛中我可以做的比实际做了的更多,但那不是我份内的事。我是一个引导球队走向胜利的得分手。我很为我现在的队友担心,因为我知道这是一个艰难的蜕变过程。我自己心里清楚我经历了多少不眠之夜忍受了多少批评卷入了多少交易流言——直到我终于找到了自己的位置。这也许正是我现在的队友所正在经历的事,我唯一能做的只是祈祷,希望有一天我们能够建立那种曾在我、沙克、福克斯、费舍尔、霍利和其他那些与我一同战斗过的湖人旧将之间存在的默契与信任。

菲尔的到来稍稍缓解了我的忧虑,简单的讲,他是我遇到过的最好的教练。关于比赛我所学到的东西都可以追溯到他和泰克斯·温特,它们的执教深度不是高超和绝妙可以形容的。比赛是一种韵律,比赛是一种舞蹈。菲尔和泰克斯教了我如何去感知比赛:欲洞悉则毋思,欲洞明则毋视。他们教导我如何去做好准备,他们教导我如何让对手精神崩溃从而打击他们的致命弱点。我已经懂得了菲尔是如何为比赛作好准备的,而他亦相信作为场上领袖的我会做好同样的准备。在战术布置前我会将他教我去做的准备都做好。这样,当球被抛向空中的一刹那,我会达到一种心神松弛身体紧张的状态来做好战斗准备。在这种状态下我会让对手在攻防两端都吃不消,我相当自豪我能做到这一点。我恨透了别人在我头上得分,即使是被某些人称作“不可防守球员”也不行,我才不信“唉,他今天手太热了”的鬼话,靠,看我让他冷下来!

当我们打客场比赛时,整个球场都在嘘我,但这对我丝毫没有影响。我的想法很简单:当这些球迷离开时我希望他们能记住我曾努力的战斗过,并且,从我的战斗中感受我的激情和对胜利的渴望。我在比赛中总是充满激情,而我也一直很努力。当我看到那部名为《鲁迪》的电影时,我一直在想:“如果我也那么努力会怎样?”为了让我打篮球,上帝赐予了我极佳的身体素质和极高的天分。那么,我若像影片中的主人公一样努力那会怎么样?我想让人们把我当作一个勤奋的天才。即使那些球迷叫嚣着“科比傻X”,在他们离开球场时,我仍希望他们能拥有一种与走进球场时不同的感觉,当他们离开,他们会明白,他们刚刚见证了一个球员是如何把自己全情投入到比赛之中,他们会明白,他们刚刚见证了一个战士是如何将自己的心和灵魂整个的倾注到比赛场上。我也希望,当我人生之书的下半册书就时,它们能够尊重甚至缅怀这段光辉岁月,因为我的全情投入,因为比赛就是我存在的全部意义。

前些日子,我明白了作为一个黑人运动员的我在这个社会中的角色。我一直都很了解我们的历史,从杰克·罗宾逊到斯威特沃特·克里福顿,但我从没觉得我是我们传统文化的一部分,因为我在海外长大,在意大利长大。正是因为如此,我与大部分同龄人都有着巨大的不同。我从没奢望过我的祖国人民肯认同我。但这是一件患难见真情的事:当你经历困难,看看身边,你会发现究竟是谁站在你身后支持你。在我那些苦痛挣扎的日子里我看到了真相,我的同胞们一直在支持我。他们的爱与支持是一段弥足珍贵的记忆,它将伴我余生。它让我对我的社会职责有了一种全新的理解。我低估了我的影响。如今,我知道对于那些孩子们的人生,我也可以成为一种正面的力量。他们从我的身上寻求指引和精神依靠。他们让我懂得,即使我在意大利长大,我依然是美国黑人的一员。我的肤色不会改变!事实上,它不仅仅是一种颜色,它是一种印记,文化的印记。

当我去慰问卡里亚娜飓风的受害者时,我看到了他们黯淡的脸上因我的出现而展现出的灿烂笑容,我感到了他们拥抱我时的真挚和热情,我明白了我的出现点燃了他们重建家园的斗志。我醒悟了曾经的我是误入歧途,我浪费了那么长的时间一直犹豫该不该为我的同胞做些事。我不善于做这些事,所以曾经我总觉得就算我做了他们也不会接受。但现在的我知道事实并非如此,卡里亚娜的经历与我自己的奋斗经历让我融入了我的民族,并且正是因为这种血脉相连的感情支持着我,我的斗志愈发旺盛,我的目标愈发清晰。

被称为偶像似乎就意味着成了“ 商业招牌”,但偶像的本质是让我们的青少年变得更好,不是十全十美,不是去买碳酸饮料和快餐,而是变得更好而已。作为一个运动员,我处于一个绝佳的位置去鼓励我们的下一代:他们把我们当作英雄不只因为我们赢过,也因为我们输过。他们亲眼见证了我们是如何克服困难的,这没有彩排,没有剪辑,关于这场战斗的一切都是真实的。他们看着我们屡战屡败,屡败屡战。在一场48分钟的比赛或是一个82场比赛的赛季里,他们看着我们从头越过如铁的雄关漫道。我有责任让他们了解失败是人生的一部分,而跌倒就爬起来是一种必需的生活态度。拥有战胜困难的决心才是王道。而正由于篮球比赛就像是人生的缩影,我可以通过我在场上的战斗来给他们上关于人生的一课。在场上可以重振球队,而在场下,我可以重振身处困境之人的信心,让他们勇敢地去做那些“专家们”说不可能做到的事 。

我这一生一直是一个异类,小时候我在意大利时是小镇上唯一的黑人孩子,开始效力于NBA时我又只有十七岁。但一直让我与他人格格不入的原因并不是肤色或年龄,而是我的求胜欲,我的自命不凡。我极度渴望胜利,渴望在所有我做的事中我都是做得最好的那个人。但是总是有人想让我知道我该为这种渴望感到羞耻。幸运的是我找到了知己——在我的耐克家园。我与他们的合作绝不仅仅是商业合作,这对我而言意味颇多。在耐克,我周围所有的人都与我有着同样的信念:不惜一切代价,成为王者。

去年夏天,我很荣幸的被邀请到Nike在俄勒冈州的总部,去参加为Nike创始人菲尔·奈特举办的荣誉晚宴。我们这些职业选手都在Green House里等待晚宴开始。我身边的面孔都是陌生的,但却让我感到相见恨晚。

你要知道:

这世上,有些人是天生的有志者,我只消一眼就可以认出他们。我为我天生的求胜欲已经受到了太多的指责,这让我注定不同于常人——那些安于现状不求进取的人,那些因我的无畏而畏惧与我对抗的人。你肯定见过那些人——那些害怕成功的人,那些心怀嫉妒,暗中使坏的人,那些一直以来都在预言我会失败的人。我对胜利的渴望已经把我流放到了一个心灵的孤岛。没有人了解我。或者,人们决定去误解我。我被描绘成为了一个根本不是我的人。

那天,与那些运动员们一同坐在Nike Green House,我从他们的眼眸中读出了那种纯粹的欲望。这让我不再怀疑自己,这让我从此坚信:与众不同无罪之有!成为王者无罪之有!不能赢的彻底就怅然若失无罪之有!用更强大的信念更坚定的意志从跌倒的地方爬起来无罪之有!永远渴望摧毁所有的对手无罪之有!

我终于明白了做我自己才是真理,这已经成为了我的为人之本。而这就意味着,我无路可退。我将不能安然入睡不能放松警惕不能心慈手软直到所有目标都已完成所有挑战都已击退所有科黑都已沉默。我将永不言弃。我不会让我的队友失望,我不会忘记给我的支持者战胜困难的勇气,也不会忘记给那些爱我的人前进的动力。我不会退缩——直到我重回巅峰,重回那个他们说我永远也回不去的地方。一座座难以逾越的山峰不会让我恐惧。我惧怕的是失去这样的山峰。为了翻越那寸步难行的山峰而做出的苦痛挣扎和其中更上一层的喜悦欣慰是我活下去的动力。我渴望挑战。我渴望经受磨难的洗礼。不管是否前路曼曼,不管是否行路艰难,我仍将踽踽独行。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-15 16:44 | 显示全部楼层
Kobe Bryant, in his own words
Kobe Bryant / Dime Magazine

The following story appears in Issue #22 of Dime, on newsstands now.

Hunger defines me. I've always been hungry, but now my appetite has risen to a new level. My will is greater than ever. The motivation to succeed runs through me like blood. In this 10th year, my 10th season as an NBA player, the mountain I once climbed to reach the top looms in front of me again. I realize how hard it will be to climb it, how much I will have to sacrifice and overcome to get to the top again, how many people have told me I can't do it. But I savor that challenge. Feed off of it. That challenge helps give me purpose and inspiration. It helps me define life.

At the beginning of this season there was a question floating around in my mind. What is my purpose? On one level I understood the reasons for why I do what I do, but on another level I felt an even greater commitment tugging at my soul. I'm a ballplayer, a teammate. A leader. But is that it? When I look back at my rookie season, I realize that all of the faces that once surrounded me are gone. I was a kid back then, eager to please, eager to find my place in a world that seemed familiar but different. The game was my refuge. I'd been going to it ever since I was six years old, in Italy, playing alone on courts thousands of miles away from kids who shared my same love. In a way, my dedication to basketball defined me. But that definition has grown. The struggles I've encountered over the last few years have made me realize just how much more there is for me to accomplish. I've begun a new phase of my life; I've opened new doors. And with new doors comes a whole new world of challenges.

In my life I have won and accomplished much. I own three NBA championship rings. I've had plenty of endorsement deals and made a lot of money from them. But still, I feel as if I have yet to fulfill the blessing that God has given me in my ability to play this game. I feel as if there is so much more to do, on the court and off it.

I don't know if this is how I am supposed to feel. Did MJ, Magic and the others feel the same way? In our society it seems like athletes are expected to care about winning the game, pleasing the crowd, and signing deals. Period. But am I supposed to obsess myself with winning only to win, retire and wonder if all my sacrifices were worth it? Is it OK for me to sacrifice time away from my children, time watching them grow up, missing Easter, Christmas and other special moments, to win a ring?

What I have come to learn is that my desire to win, the will to pursue my goals with the highest level of intensity and passion, defines me. But I have been careful to keep my motivation pure. The distractions that come with winning, the idea of playing for the money or playing for the fame and prestige — I've watched all of these things consume other players. My thirst for domination is fed only by the game. I refuse to get distracted by outside forces.

This is a new book in my career. Volume 1 has already been written. Everything that I accomplished before is behind me: not forgotten, but placed on the shelf. My past success only serves as a measuring stick for my peers. A whole new crop of players has emerged since I came into the League. All of them want the honor of holding the title of "best all-around player". But I feel as if that quest is behind me now and a new one has taken its place. I am an underdog. A challenge was issued to me by everyone who said I would never succeed again, that I would never win another ring or enjoy another parade. I accepted their challenge. I accepted the doubt of every one who spoke of my downfall and used their words as fuel. I have a franchise to resurrect, a city of fans to uplift.

That mountain, the one that I climbed once and now face again, is huge. I'm looking up at it again. And because I know how hard it was to climb, I sometimes feel drained because I know how difficult it will be to conquer. It's much harder to go from top to bottom to the top again than it is to simply go from the bottom to the top. But desire is the ultimate fuel. Hunger changes any situation. My past experience gives me knowledge that backs up my will. I know what must be done. My team is sometimes unsure because my teammates have never climbed this mountain before.

At times it's frustrating and it tries my patience, but in the beginning years of my career my teammates were patient with me and trusted in the fact that I would figure everything out, so now I must return that favor to this generation of Lakers. This is our challenge, our mountain, and these are my brothers. I must guide them to the point we all want to get to. No matter what.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been learning about the ambition inside me since I was a kid. It was there during the hours I would spend on a playground in Italy and a group of my friends would come to me and tell me I would never be an NBA player. It was there during all the time I would practice alone, imitating the moves I'd seen on television and creating new ones to go with them. It was there when nothing else was there, and I learned to incorporate it with the game, to wrap myself in the game and seek my future within it. Whenever someone would say what my Italian friends had said, whenever anyone told me what I couldn't do, I would grab hold of that feeling inside me and realize that it was there for a reason. I have always had a purpose, a need to succeed. People who try to discourage me only add fuel to a fire that has always burned. Every phase of my life has brought me new risks and new rewards; in many ways I have always been the underdog. And through it all, through every struggle, the game has always been there. It has never left me alone.

I love the game. I really do. As a kid, when things were bad for me at school or at home, I would go to the park and envision the dream. You've probably had that same one: I'd be playing for the Lakers, winning championships and hitting the game winning shots. I'd listen to the crowd roar when I put the dagger in the other team's heart, and on the road I'd hear the silence of other teams' arenas. I've actually done these things in my career. But I had done them before, because in my mind and in my heart it felt so real to me. So when I was there I had been there before.

"I take it to the other team on both ends of the floor. I take pride in being able to do that. I HATE being scored on, even by players who some say are 'un-guardable.'" (Dime Magazine / Special to FOXSports.com)

What thrills me most about the game is the purity of it and the chance to master it. The process, the work, the beauty of it has always inspired me. I remember when I was 15 years old and wanted to be famous and be on TV. That desire didn't motivate me to play or overshadow the essence of the game, but like any kid I thought being a celebrity would be cool.

As I've gotten older and actually become famous I realize that it's not what I thought it would be. But this is a good thing. Because it means that, in my heart, I never played the game for "spotlight" reasons. I played because I loved it. I played because it meant more to me than even I knew. When I needed someone to lean on, a place to vent, a place to celebrate or a place to cry, the game became all of these things for me. And because the game has given me so much I know that I must give it the respect it deserves. I must work hard to master it, to show it my appreciation for all it has done for me as a person, as a man. That's the reason I'm able to play under severe pressure or stress. The game has actually helped me cope with it. It has helped me win. Not in terms of the points scored, but in terms of the struggles that I have overcome. More and more I feel like this is the reason I train so hard, why I push myself past every limit. The more obstacles that are placed between me and my goals, the hungrier I become.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desire is a double-edged sword. It gives you strength; it gives you motivation and focus. But occasionally, because your ambition is so great, you wonder what will happen if your goals are not fulfilled. My biggest fear is not winning another title. But fear is a great motivator. I'm determined to lead this organization back to the top. The people who once celebrated me are the same people who doubt me now. They say that because I don't have Shaq that I can't win, that it's over. The only thing I truly worry about is that my drive and my will are sometimes too much for my teammates to handle. Do I expect too much from them? How can I elevate them to play with my same passion every night?

What helps me understand and deal with this is the fact that I was once in their shoes. I once played a supporting role on this team. Back then I knew how much pressure Shaquille had on him to win a ring and I also knew I could help. So I studied the game offensively and especially defensively because I knew that if I could harass on the perimeter with him clogging the lane, it would demoralize our opponents more than anything we could do offensively. I also knew that the teams he played on in the past did not have a closer. No one could take the game over down the stretch or hit the game winner or make the key free throws. Those were Shaq's weaknesses, so I had to step up and make them my strengths. I knew how much more I could bring to the battle, but that wasn't my role. I was a scorer who became a facilitator in order to win. But now I worry because I know how hard that was for me to learn, how many sleepless nights I had and how much criticism and trade rumors I had to endure before I mastered my role. This is probably what my current teammates are going through. All I can do is pray that one day we will reach the same level of chemistry and understanding that existed between me, Shaq, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and all the other players I once went to war with.

The fears I have are soothed a little by the presence of Phil Jackson. Simply put, he is the best coach I have ever played for. Everything I have learned about the game can be traced to him and Tex Winter. They teach the game at such a deeper level than X's and O's. The game is a rhythm, a dance. Phil and Tex have taught me to feel the game. To think the game without thinking, to see without seeing. They taught me how to prepare. How to conceptualize the spirit of my opponents and attack them where they are weak. I've seen how prepared PJ gets before games, and as the on-court leader he is trusting me to do the same. So I do all the things he has taught me to do before tip-off and once the ball is in the air my mind is at ease and my body is ready to play. I take it to the other team on both ends of the floor. I take pride in being able to do that. I HATE being scored on, even by players who some say are "un-guardable". I don't believe it when they say "Oh, that player is just hot today." F--- that! Cool his ass off then.

When we play on the road and the entire crowd is booing me it doesn't bother me at all. What I think about is simple: "When these fans leave this game I want them to remember how hard I fought and the passion and drive with which I played." I have always played this game with passion. And I always worked hard. When I saw the movie Rudy I remember thinking, "What if I worked that hard?" God has blessed me both physically and intellectually to play this game, so what would happen if I push as hard as the character in this film? I would love for people to think of me as a talented overachiever. Even though those fans may chant "Kobe sucks", when they leave that arena I want them to walk out with a different feeling than they came in with. When they leave they'll leave with the understanding that they have just witnessed a player give himself completely to his passion; they have just watched an athlete pour every ounce of his heart and soul out on that floor. And hopefully, when the next volume of my life is all said and done, they will respect and appreciate the years that I spent giving all of me to the game that means everything to me.

Recently I have come to visualize my place as a black athlete within our society. I've always been aware of our history, from Jackie Robinson to Sweetwater Clifton. But I never felt like I deserved to be a part of our tradition because I grew up overseas, in Italy. In that way I am very much different than many of my peers. I never truly believed that my own people wanted to identify with me. But that's the thing about adversity: while you're going through it, you look around yourself and see exactly who it is that's rallying behind you. During my time of struggle I saw the truth. My people held me down. Their love and support became an experience for me and that experience will be with me for the rest of my life. It gave me a completely different understanding of my role. I had been wrong about my impact. Now I see that I can be a force in the lives of our youth. They look up to me for guidance and support. They have shown me that even though I grew up in Italy, I am a part of black America. The color of my skin ain't paint! It is, in fact, more than a color: it's the signifier of my culture.

When I went to visit the victims of Hurricane Katrina and saw how their faces lit up when they saw me, how they embraced me, and how my presence lifted their spirits; I realized how wrong I'd been about everything. I've wasted all these years wanting to do things for our people but thinking I wasn't the one to do them, that I wouldn't be welcomed. But now I see that isn't true. The experience of Katrina and my own personal struggles brought me closer to our people. And through that closeness my motivation has become stronger and my purpose has become even clearer.

Being called a role model has become code for being "able to sell product." But the true essence of a role model lies in influencing our youth to be better, not perfect, not to buy sodas or fast food or whatever; but to be better, no matter the odds or the circumstances. As an athlete I am someone who is in a perfect position to inspire our youth. They look at us as heroes not just because we win, but also because we fail. They witness us overcome obstacles right in front of their eyes. There's no editing, no CGI; everything about it is real. They watch us fall, get back up, fall, get back up, and fall again. In the course of a 48-minute game or an 82-game season they see us climb an entire mountain. It's my duty to help them understand that falling is a part of life and getting up is a way of life. The will to overcome is crucial. And because basketball is a metaphor of life this is a lesson I can give them as I struggle to accomplish my goals. As I help to rebuild my team on the court, I can do the same off of it, helping to rebuild and restore the lives of the people I see in trouble by inspiring them to do what the "experts" say can't be done.

I have been an outcast my entire life. From being the only black kid in my town in Italy all the way to when I was 17 and playing in the NBA. What separated me from others, even more consistently than skin color or age, was my hunger. My mission. I've always been made to feel like there was something wrong with wanting to win so badly and wanting to become the best at what you do. But I have found a place to fit in amongst people with a similar vision, specifically my family at Nike. My association with them means much more to me than just an endorsement deal. At Nike I am surrounded by people and athletes who share my will and my commitment to be number one at all costs.

Kobe Bryant and his family after his 81-point game. (Noah Graham / Getty Images)

Last summer I had the honor of being invited to the Nike campus in Beaverton, Oregon for a ceremony honoring the company's co-founder, Phil Knight. We athletes had to wait in the green room before the show began. I found myself sitting amongst athletes that I had never met before but whom I felt right at home with.

Let me explain:

There are certain kinds of people that are purely driven. I can tell who they are simply by looking at them. I have faced so much criticism for my drive that at times it has alienated me from the majority: the people who are comfortable with second place, the people who hate against me because I am not. You know these kinds of people; they are the ones who fear winning, the jealous ones who envy and try to sabotage. They are the people who have been telling me I couldn't win all my life. Many times my drive to succeed has put me on an island all by myself because no one understood me, or they chose to misunderstand me. They chose to portray me as being something that I was not.

So on that day, sitting in the Nike green room with those other athletes, I saw the purity of drive in their eyes and it reassured me that it was OK to be different than others. It's OK to want to be the best. It's OK to feel like a loser if you don't win it all, and it's OK to bounce back with a stronger will, a deeper sense of determination, and a desire to destroy your opposition.

I have learned that it is OK for me to be me, and what being me entails. It means that I will not rest; I will not sleep, relax, relent or be satisfied until my goals have been met, the challenge answered and all my doubters silenced. I will not give in to my foes; I won't let down my teammates. I won't stop inspiring those who look up to me or stop giving motivation to those who motivate me. I will not back off until I'm back on top, back in the place where they said I could never be again. Mountains don't scare me. The LACK of mountains scares me. The climb up, the struggle for every inch of ground and every level of ascension is what feeds me. I welcome that challenge. I welcome that chance to be fed because no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-6-17 15:27 | 显示全部楼层
哇。。。。。。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

钱江新城二期
馥香园鸟瞰
西投吉鸿项目
许村新城
光环购物中心
临平文化中心
国风杭州地铁
共享“花”车
南京北部新城
永旺商业项目
钱塘安置项目
西湖步行街
未科航拍
朗云
古玉兰开花
钱塘新项目
锦尚和品府
钱塘高铁站
未科中轴线
临平新城
钱江世纪城
万科大溪谷西
和平广场概念
良渚城建
临平二环
大马弄
南苑街道
临平
杭州大厦
奥体
杭州天际线
西门市集
良渚文化走廊
欢肆效果图
墨尔本高楼
勾庄
临平体育馆
奥体世纪城
江南科技城
馥香园航拍
金沙湖航拍
城北万象城
科创趣城
杭州西站
运河
和平里
杭州南站
浙金地块
武林新核心3
武林新核心2
武林新核心1
浦东御桥湾
绿城潮听明月
未科湿地开发
金色钱塘
文教、申花
世纪城地标
滨江棠前嘉座
钱塘江大潮
苏杭城际铁路
春和云境
未科3兄弟亮灯率

小黑屋|手机版|电脑版| ( B2-20080242 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 06:00 , Processed in 0.044028 second(s), 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.